Saturday, December 22, 2007

Purpose

I am calling this the battlegrounds for two reasons. First: I recently watched the movie Gladiator. Second: I would like us to be able to use this as a resource to fight our flesh. Battle might be an overused term for our christian lives, nonetheless we are all surrounded daily by meaningless tasks and misused time. Starting next semester I will begin to post on a consistent basis, in hopes of giving us something to think about throughout the day. Expecting to challenge each one of us, I will: throw out ideas, ask some questions, and discuss concepts we struggle with. It is my goal that our lives exemplify our eternal perspective. I strongly encourage discussion and replies. Please provide recommendations of how to make this as useful as possible. I am extremely excited for us to hear different views and ideas, which in turn will strengthen our beliefs. I understand that some people do not enjoy reading or writing, if so.....just get out.

Here are a few rules:

  • All praise is given to God
  • Only funny jokes are allowed


5 comments:

Drake Brookfield said...

great idea! I'm down...

Anonymous said...

Good stuff man, im excited for this and how its gona turn out. I kno you've been askin about what to write about, and i was thinking maybe you should start with something thats close to home... I kno a lot of us have been fighting with discerning God's will and finding our inner voice, so maybe thats something to consider. Regardless, i see great things coming out of this.

p.s. the bible is a fine book...

Dieeegz

The Jake said...

Im glad you included that only funny jokes are allowed.

Drake Brookfield said...

So when are we gonna start this thing up?!!??

Markus Edwards said...

tomorrow!!!