Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Poems from the Past #2 --- Father's Call

From what I was told
This is what Your wrote
In the letter to my soul
Of how You'll never let me go

I know what it says
It never left my head
It was here from the start

You signed it, "I will be back"
Wrapped it in the past
Mailed it to my heart

My son,
Leave whenever you wish
It is always your choice
Whatever you choose
And when you look back
to see what you've missed
You'll hear my voice
Calling for you

- I will be back

P.S.
You will try all else, you will love all else, and still not find the adventure you're seeking. Run to me.

I have made you
I designed you
I placed My desire inside you
Run to me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful.
Another thing I love about God is that He knows exactly which means (ie.images, a thought, scripture etc.) of communication should be used for each unique person.

Markus Edwards said...

thanks. yea your right! a lotta people wanna hear is voice when God wants to show them a picture