Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Poems from the Past #3 --- Psalm 91 from 7/10/03

Can I know
By just seeing
If I sleep
In your shadow
While thousands
Keep falling
At my right hand
Will i know

Pestilence
Still growing
While arrows
Are flying
The darkness
That stalks me
The serpent
Cannot see

I have been
Covered by feathers
Guarded by
The angels
Delivered
And honored
And lifted
From the stones

Oh how great
Is the One
Who will fight
To protect me
And remains
My fortress
And holds me
In His wing

It is this love
That will bind us
And drive us
To fight for
As many
That may dwell
In His shelter
Of most high

5 comments:

Shelby Abbott said...

like your poems. you coming to RADIATE? if so, i'll see you there.

thetraditionalplastic said...

uh... wow

Anonymous said...

-Amen.

This is on point, Mark.

The Jake said...

...and lifted from the stones...boss!

Anonymous said...

I think every time I get in a crappy mood, I'm going to read this poem.