Thursday, December 11, 2008

Poems from the Past #4 --- Could Have Helped Her from April 2004

She insists they're tears of joy
But is her happiness so far away?
As she walks on through her thoughts
They all seem to meditate
On this
All that was real is fake
She missed
All that was there to take
But she insists

With all our sins and lies and faults
Once again we rise
And fall

Now as she hides her dying patterns
But still tries to show us
With her mind so distant
But close to everything that matters
Will she find what's missing?
Is the timing always right?

And she says,
I can feel the worlds collide
If the world is unreal, then so am I
If the world is unreal...
And I'm unreal...
And everything I know is changing...
How can i know what I feel?

With all our sins and lies and faults
Once again we rise
And fall

2 comments:

The Jake said...

I really like that 2nd to last stanza, about worlds colliding.

Anonymous said...

your juxtaposition in this one is pretty good